Friday, January 7, 2011

A wall hanging


I am back, I was having some technical difficulties and not online for a little while, but they are resolved now so I can share. The 1st project is a wall hanging I made for my niece who just turned 9, I used a piece of heavy cardboard for the base and covered using Topstich paper from CTMH, I also used a sticker from the matching Stickease and added some flowers, pearls, sparkles and dimensional elements. Then all I did was add some luscious pink satin ribbon at the top, and it only took about 20 minutes to make. Next up is a super simple invitation I made for my daughters 8th birthday party, it will be here 1st b-day party with friends and my 1st super fancy decorated party, I can not wait. Anyways we are doing a mermaid themed party but it is goining to be very soft and pretty light pink, soft white, and sand . So the invites are really simple cardstock distressed with baby pink ink, I used Simple invites and Simple stiches stamp sets both retired from CTMH and the adorable mermaid and fish stamp  is Sugar Plums Emma. The ribbon came from wal-mart, it was almost impossible to get a good picture because the ink is so light and I really need to get a light box built. 


Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful

HOPE said...

Any little girl would LOVE this hanging in her room!!

I can't stand being so far away from you..I'd be over every week for a craft session!!!

Lorrinda said...

Love that wall hanging! So pretty...

Debbie Carriere said...

Love the wall hanging! WOnderful invitation, too :) Simple is great, especially for kid's parties!

Marie said...

Both of these are beautiful. Have a wonderful party!

Erum Tasneem said...

so adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so glad you did, cuz now I am following you... such gorgeous creations here!

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love this!!! Actually I love all of your projects. I have visited from feline playful and have become a follower x

lis-m said...

This is beautiful..I love your siggy too..i would love one like that..
found your blog thro' Feline Playful.I am now a feline follower!
Happy New Year!
hugs xx

Lorrinda said...

Second comment...this one is about your blog. It's beautiful! Love the header and the layout. Is this a custom design?
BYW: I've passed on a blog award to you...pop over to my blog to pick it up!

Kras said...

this is really gorgeous.
Glad to found your blog with FP and become a follower

Christine said...

What a gorgeous wall hanging!! So beautiful. hugs, Christine (#71@FP)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love this wall hanging! I am a new follower thru FP. So much inspiration to be found on your blog! Thanks!