Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adventures in homeschooling and the wild





























Good morning, today I wanted to share some pictures from what has been going on around here lately. First there are pictures from our "Story walk" field trip we went on last Thursday, we went to our local DEC about 5 minutes from our house, they have a 99 acre park open to the public filled with hiking trails, a fishing pond, a canal, an observation tower, and there are tons of trees, plants, and flowers all labeled by name. This place is a treasure trove for anyone but especially the homeschooler! Well our local public library where I hold my card classes set up a "Story walk" there, they photocopied and laminated and strategically(maybe) placed along the hiking trail pages of the book entitled Deep In The Swamp. We had a great day and the kids learned about a ton of variety of trees! Yesterday we went to our rag doll making class at my friend Aubrey's house it was so much fun and a great chance for the kids to play with other kids, and her boys were great and played with my boys and did a building project with them. Then lastly my kids have been watching Man vs Wild from Netflix lately and they have been putting their newly learned info to use, and they went behind the garage and built a shelter and they have been making traps and tripwires. It is so funny they are so creative and I don't doubt could actually live in the wild!

Photobucket

1 comment:

HOPE said...

Loved seeing this pics of your kids..and you. Nice group shot.

I have no doubt in my mind that KIDS could live in the wild..hee hee. I know Aubrey's could give your kids lessons on what to EAT for survival..ugh..I'm hoping it doesn't include...BUGS.

Take care and God bless you all