Monday, March 28, 2011

My finished fireplace

Here are the pictures of my finished fireplace and my new tiles my husband laid. I added some of the before pictures again  as well.  ****EDITED TO ADD****  I thought I would add a few more details such as we had to repair the cracks and missing morter so after we did that and let it dry I primed everything and then painted the bricks Antique White(Sherwin Williams) next my hubby built me a more substantial mantel by boxing in the top 3 layers of brick. Then I painted that and lastly we added the italian tile to the floor. For the mantel decor I bought a set of 3 candle holders from Wal-Mart that were a hideous brown color but on clearance for only 7 bucks and I spray painted them black and sanded them, the frames were also old ones I had sitting unused in the closet so I got those out and again spray painted and sanded, the star was in my bedroom and the plate is from the dollar store and I cut out a M for Moore out of vinyl on my Cricut and voila I have a monogramed plate.








***Edited again***
I also changed out the small picture frame and added 3 hurricanes I have added a picture of that as well.
I have linked this up to the Best DIY projects of March linky party at Beneath My Heart you really should check out all the fabulous projects on there and to Tatertots and Jello where there is so much inspiration. This is also linked up at The Thrifty Decor Chick.




Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!





Photobucket

6 comments:

HOPE said...

Looks wonderful..you are such a talented person Jessica..your cards and your lovely home!!!

God bless you all
miss ya

Anonymous said...

What a great transformation! I love the neutral colors that you used.
Have a great day.
Sarah

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Beautiful! Love how crisp and clean your fireplace looks - so pretty!

Ruth said...

It looks wonderful.

I came over from TAJ.

Ruth

Barbara said...

WOW...how clever you and hubby are. I love the neutral colors...looks so neat and clean just right for spring and summer. I can also see this dressed up for the hoidays. Fantastic job!!

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Stopping my from Tatertots & Jello. I LOVE the transformation. What a great fireplace! You decorated the mantel really nicely too. :)