Monday, September 20, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge- Let's get sketchy






Happy Monday everyone, it's actually Sunday evening right now but I am scheduling this post for Monday morning so again happy Monday! It is time once again for a Heart 2 Heart Challenge, this week it's a sketch and as soon as I saw it I knew what I wanted to make. Just ignore the little fact that I excluded the square that goes behind the circle in the sketch--oopsie sorry about that! I so hope that you go to the H2H blog this week before Sunday and join us in this challenge-sure to get your mojo flowing, and link up your creation to be eligble to win a great prize from our sponsor this week Kathy Robitaille check out her blog while your at it, I am sure you will find something wonderful to inspire you! Plus you might just get your self into the Friday Five, but if you don't play you can't win! For my card I used "Mistletoe" paper, in case you have not noticed I am in a Christmas mode. I also used the "Father Christmas" SS for the main image(You can read about my Santa opinion here)what is wrong with me? Anyhow I love the old world appeal of this image that I colored with watercolor pencils and the blending pen. I then did the cracked glass effect(a new fav technique)! I also changed the look of the normally pewter snowflake brads by sponging them with Timber Brown Staz-On to make them look more coppery(is that a word?) Okay enough blabber I am beat after a full day of canning/freezing 29 pints of pumpkin, cleaning pumpkin seeds, taking care of a puking 4 year old,a cranky teething 4month old and making coconut shrimp and garlic parmesean fries, I am tired;however on the bright side I am so thankful I have a family to do these things for, and thankful for my husband who is always right next to me working and who had to handle the 3 healthy, happy, rambuncious other children(I think he had the harder job today)! I will go to bed tired and blessed knowing that I spent the day with my family exactly as I should have!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Debbie Carriere said...

Wonderful card, once again :) Your coloring of that Santa is great - what are you using? Congrats on your win at Card Patterns :)