Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thankfullness

I had a minute so I thought I would share some quick thoughts on friendship. Last night I got to see my best friend Angie for the 1st time in about 8 mths, she recently moved to Virginia and came home for a visit. Shortly after Angie got here my next door Aubrey came over. Aubrey was bearing homemade bagels and a cream cheese and honey spread which I might add were delectable. Angie had brought with her a garbage bag full of scrapbooking stuff and 2 cases of glue sticks, among other things for my kids. As I was thinking about these two women in my life I was struck by how good God is to us. I have been blessed with some great friendships in this life and I am thankful for the great fellowship we had together. I hope only to be as good a friend as my friends are to me. I sometimes take my friendships for granted but I realized not everyone has been blessed with this gift as I have been. So to all my friends thank you and I appreciate you all!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I appreciate YOU! What a blessing to fellowship with both of you last night! Thanks so much for inviting me and also for welcoming me to Lowville and helping feel at home! Love you~aubrey

julie glenn said...

Hey Jessica - It is so true that friendships - great ones - are precious, yet so easy to forget about. Way to be thankful! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and just a HUG for you from Aub's mom...

who's thankful ...far away!