Friday, June 10, 2011

A fab new dresser

I recently scored a FREE dresser from my best friends mom, thanks Debbie! It was in great shape but is made of mfd or partical board or something. So we wanted this for our daughters bedroom so I really wanted to do a cool green color. I used Everglade Glen spray paint from Valspar and even though it looks like my husband was doing all the hard work he actually only sanded a small portion on the top to see what was underneath the original finish. So I sanded down the whole thing, then primed then painted, I also really wanted some fabulous drawer pulls but as my husband says "it's not in the budget" so for now I just spray painted the original pulls white and I love how they turned out! So after buying my paint this whole dresser redo cost me about $15.00 not bad huh? I forgot to take a "before" picture of the dresser all together but you should get the idea. So tell me what do you think? Oh and ignore the weird woman in the picture with the camera I have no idea who she is!








I have linked up to the following parties:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!



UndertheTableandDreaming

I Heart Naptime

Photobucket

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Jessica, this is adorable. I refinished two dressers for my daughter, at different times. She still has them 18 years later!! Thanks for sharing your finished project. Be proud of your accomplishments. :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Jessica, this looks spectacular!! You are on a roll with the refinishing!! Have a good weekend!

Beck's Chic Life said...

Love the color you chose! Great job!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

So pretty! I love that cheery green color you chose, and I never would have guessed what it looked like before. Great job!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Katie said...

Love that green! It looks great with the pink pom poms too! One of my favorite color combos!

HOPE said...

WONDERFUL!! don't let Aubrey know...she'll be back to her PAINTING!!

HUGS
HOPE