Thursday, August 4, 2011

A new Idea Book for inspiration

There is nothing like a brand new Idea Book to get me back into the creative mood! This new release of the Autum/Winter CTMH Idea Book is amazing. I know I say that alot but seriously this book takes the cake. The new paper packs are fabulous there is a Cricut cartridge to coordinate with our stamps and stamps are CHEAPER what is not to love! If you are  not on my e-mail list but are wanting a new book just give me a shout and I will hook you up! This first card I made using new Sonoma paper which is lovely greens and purples, cocoa ribbon, kraft cardstock, the new heirloom assortment,sparkles, foam tape, watercolored pencils, blending pen liquid glass, Enjoy Every Moment ss and A Little Thanks ss. This card took about 5 minutes to make it was super simple and I only used a few supplies, after I stamped the image I used watercolored pencils for some super quick coloring and then used the blending pen over the top then I added the sentiment. I felt like it needed something else so I added some dots to my scallops and then topped them with liquid glass-much cheaper then using all opaques or sparkles!

For my next card I used a kraft cardstock base then just made some simple frames with a ruler and black liner pen, then I stamped the flowers from the Enjoy Every Moment ss and just added some White Daisy Ink with my blending pen and a little yellow to the centers then added the sentiment from the A little Thanks ss. I have several new people who I am introducing to CTMH and I want to show them how simple and easy can also be really nice and not every card requires an hour or two to complete!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

These are beautiful, Jessica!!! I just got this set, finally. Thanks for the inspiration!

HOPE said...

FIVE MINUTES!!!! for that GORGEOUS CARD!!!

This is the type I'd like for a kit..with the deelie bobber! or BLING as the new generation calls them LOL

I'll get with you on the cards when I have some extra moola.

Keep up this wonderful talent..I enjoy seeing all your creativity.

THANK YOU for the sweet comment too..YOU were worth every little touch on your gift.

HUGS