Thursday, January 19, 2012

A cabinet re-do

I know that in my last post I promised bread, and hopefully I will get it posted today or tommorrow. However I could not resist sharing my corner cabinet that I did yesterday, I am slowly in the process of redecorating my house and in the dining room we will be painting hopefully soon, and my hubby is going to build me a farmhouse table and I have some amazing chairs to re-do so I was ready for some change. Can I just tell you that I decided to try some Annie Sloan chalk paint and it is AMAZING I am in love with this paint if that's possible. It requires no sanding or priming(whoo-hoo) it is
fairly pricey but it requires no sanding or priming so it's totally worth it to me. I wanted to go with the color Louis Blue and I adore it. I did some distressing and I love the result,  but after I get the whole room redone I think it will fit in much better. Might I also add that who in a million years would have thought that I, who own about 100 pieces of black furniture would  ever paint a piece blue? Well I certainly surprised myself and I would just like to thank my ex-neighbor Aubrey because I am pretty sure she started my color transformation.So thanks Aubrey well from me anyways I don't know for sure that the hubby would thank you(hee hee).





I have linked this up to the following parties:

Miss Mustard Seed

Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Love it! Where did you buy Annie Sloan chalk paint?

Amanda said...

I am in love with ASCP too! I just placed my second order this month! Eeeek! Your cupboard is so beautiful and I love how it looks in your room with your wall color and floral curtains! I also love how you hung the sweet little slip from the open cupboard door! I've pinned your piece to my ASCP inspiration board on Pinterest! Thank you for sharing!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

HOPE said...

PERFECT Jessica!! It looks great! and I am a huge FAN of blue and white!

Aubrey will be proud of you!

I cannot go to a thrift store now without thinking of PAINTING...LOL

and she is still decorating something..never runs out of ideas!

You did a fantastic color choice also..

HUGS to you!